Wednesday 19 October 2011

Set building: Tackling props

I leave in a country where it is possible to find talented model makers without breaking the bank, and I am hopeful to be able to "outsource" a big part of the props construction workload. However this require very specific specification documentations, and a careful resizing of all the props at the required 1/7th scale. To do this I am recreating the props using Google Sketchup which seems to be one of the only tool that the mere mortal can self train on in a matter of few hours. The model are first recreated at human size with all the required details, then scaled at 1/7th and from this I extract a simple construction plan. I have started with something easy... Manny's desk, and side table in his office. Which are almost identical.

No comments:

Post a Comment