Monday, 3 June 2013

Manny's job interview


It's time for Casting Interview!

I could not wait to test my puppet in a bare-bone environment, for an extreme lips-sync close-up




I have made a very quick mouth replacement run on one of the famous line of Manny which I had already lips-synced in an earlier post with some digital image of the model. Now it's getting closer to the real thing, using (at last!) Dragon Frame.

The result, below, is, has, as expected, a lot of undesirable beginner's defects. The background light is flickering because my electricity is far from stable. I will fix this with a power stabilizer.

Manny's hood is "boiling" like crazy... as I replace the mouth piece, it is almost impossible not to touch/move the fabrics. I will need to reinforce this hood... I am thinking of strengthening its shape by putting some can metal in the inside. But I am overall happy with the ease of placing and replacing the magnetic jaws: It simply snap into place with little skills required on my part.

I am less concerned of the very visible sim line between the mouth piece and the skull... I think I should be able to erase this in post prod with something like Adobe Premiere (which I know nothing about!). If anyone is experienced in post prod of this type, please give me a shout in comments.



3 comments:

  1. Pétard ! c'est super !
    Suis stcotchée. Moi c'est effectivement la ligne qui m'a génée, mais comme tu dis çà dois pouvoir s'effacer. Je crois que Mathilde sait très bien faire çà...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocke Schafer6 June 2013 17:33

    I think that Adobe After effects is the post-prod program you should use. You can track the movements and really make it smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, seems to be Adobe AE not Premiere that I need. Some more tutorials to go through!

      Delete