Tuesday, 7 February 2012
Puppet Making: Modelling Manny's suit in clay
I was a bit apprehensive about this... I am not a sculptor and that was a first (as almost everything since I started this project).
I started from a basic modelling armature sized after the animation armature, then used a british clay called NewClay. It's a nice clay to work with at the beginning... but it seems to be drying pretty fast and there are some parts, which I left without touching for too long, such as the shoes, which have become very uncooperative. Anyway, that will do. I still have the hands to finish, and then I will discover the joys of mold making in gypsum plaster...